OVERNIGHT SEDONA HIKING TRAILS: WILSON MOUNTAIN
Our guided hiking trip in Sedona heads straight for some of the most panoramic views in the Oak Creek Canyon area. Plan a full day for some of the best backpacking in Arizona and start early - the climb up Wilson Mountain is a strenuous one. The majority of the 2300 foot climb is packed into the last mile or so of the hike. You'll have more reasons than just exertion to stop and take a breather along this route, however. The views start as soon as you leave the car and they just keep getting better. There is shade along parts of this Sedona hiking trail but enough of it is out in the open to make it hot work under a summer sun. An alternate, cooler route is provided by North Wilson Trail which starts just north of Encinoso Picnic Area, just past 3 miles up canyon from Midgley Bridge. The two trails join at a point midway up the mountain. At the top you'll be rewarded with views that stretch over hundreds of square miles of scenic canyon country and include Oak Creek Canyon, Sedona, Coffee Pot Rock, Capitol Butte, Sterling Canyon and the Verde Valley.
Gear IncludedDiscovery Treks guided hiking and backpacking tours in Sedona are all-inclusive and include:
- All meals from lunch day 1 through lunch day 2
- An experienced Wilderness First Responder Certified Backpacking Guide
- Transportation From Scottsdale
- Necessary backpacking gear including 65 - 75L backpack, sleeping bag, sleeping pad, trekking poles, double occupancy tent (single tent upgrade available for $50)
- All permits and fees
- Day 1 (miles shown do not include ascent up to north and south overlooks on trail 123)
- 0.0 Trailhead
- 2.2 Wilson Mountain Bench stop to admire views.
- 2.8 Trail Junction continue on trail #10
- 3.2 Wilson Mtn Summit Views and photographs
- 3.3 North Wilson Mountain Trailhead #123
- 4.2 Camp on first bench of Wilson Mtn
- Day 2 – Return – 6.4 miles to 10 miles
Transportation from Phoenix/Scottsdale/Sedona included in tour
What to Bring
Our camping and hiking trips include all pro-quality gear, meals required for your adventure. This includes tents, sleeping bags, sleeping pads, cooking supplies, trekking poles, and daypacks and/or backpacks. We are happy to accommodate food allergies and most dietary restrictions. Please include your preferences in your Registration Form so that we can prepare accordingly.
Questions? Inquire Below!
March 4, 2022
March 5, 2022
March 7, 2022
March 21, 2022
March 24, 2022
April 11, 2022
April 14, 2022
April 23, 2022
April 25, 2022
June 21, 2022
June 25, 2022
June 29, 2022